6 Things Not to Do When Selling your Home or Investment Property | Team Virkus
Article by, Lisa Virkus – Realtor and member of Team Virkus | email@example.com | (248) 672-8837
- Not Preparing for an Open House – Before you have an open house your home should be very clean and free of clutter. Make sure to take the time to do so. The open house could be the one shot you get at a potential buyer that takes the time to see your home.
- Picking the Wrong Agent – A good agent will know the current facts about your neighborhood such as price of the homes for sale and the upgrades in the homes. Trust me on this one. Don’t just hire a friend or family member. Make sure the agent you hire has the knowledge to get it done… Click here to learn about the Top 10 Mistakes When Hiring a Realtor.
- Staying in Your Home During the Open House or a Showing – You shouldn’t be in your home while the realtor is showing your house. This makes buyers very uncomfortable. Some sellers want to be there so they can explain everything about the house. This is your agents job.
- Bad Marketing – It’s a good idea to do more than just put a for sale sign in the yard. Click here to learn more tips on marketing your home.
- Taking Bad Photographs – Taking good photos of your home is very important because many buyers search for a home online.
- Listing Your Home at the Wrong Price – If your home is priced too high you probably won’t get any offers and when your priced too low you will lose money.
On another note…
Are you thinking of buying or selling a home? If so, there is a lot of strategy behind doing it right. Whether you’re looking to sell and need to know what the right price is to sell quickly or looking to buy and want to know what the best neighborhoods are for price appreciation, we’d like to help. Take us up on our offer to provide you our FREE Buying and Selling Home Strategy Evaluation. There is no obligation whatsoever. We just want to help you do it right!